This years ‘If You Leave’ Showcase is officially launched and viewable, spread across London venues for the next three weeks. The Showcase exhibits twenty of the best single images cut from thousands of submissions by photographers across the globe. Judged by a panel of galleries, publishers, magazines and online platforms including The Heavy Collective, Aperture Foundation, The Photographers Gallery, Ain’t Bad, Phases Magazine and Der Greif.
The concept is straightforward: 20 photographs, selected by 20 co-curators, showcased in 20 London venues. With the focus on a single image, as opposed to a series or a body of work, it is aimed at uncovering and promoting new talent in photography. Each image will move to one select venue across East London where it will remain showcased for the next three weeks, before being taken to New York to be exhibited in the new year. (See the full selection of 200 images on If You Leave’s Instagram, all of which are available as prints here).
This year’s Showcase coincides with the opening of IYL’s creative pop-up space which will run from December 3rd until December 21st. The IYL Pop-Up is a new concept that acts as a creative hub for our audiences to meet, engage and create. It will be open for three weeks, and host various events, talks and workshops as well as providing hub for photographers to discuss their work.
Here’s the final 20 listed below.
- Angeles Peña — by Andrea Belmont of ERRR Magazine
- Anika Maaß — by Sophie Wright of So It Goes
- Nils Starkmeth — by Annette Booth of Aperture
- Cristina Coral — by Carson Saunders of Ain’t Bad
- Ding Ren — by Amy Heaton of Impossible Project
- Natasha Masharova — by Jack Harries of The Heavy Collective
- Esben Bøg Jensen — by Oliver Whitehead of The Photographers Gallery
- Toby Harvard — by Paul Bridgewater of The Line Of Best Fit
- Stanley Bloom — by the team of Stolen Ground Publishing
- Esthaem — by Emma Bowkett of FT Weekend
- Rafael M Milani — by Laurence Von Thomas of If You Leave
- Monica Forss — by Alex King of Huck Magazine
- Yo Vo — by Joanna L Cresswell of Unseen
- Thomas Line — by Stanley Bloom of Velvet Eyes
- Zarianka — by Simon Karlsetter of Der Greif
- Ao Kim Ngân — (Yatender) by Ashleigh Kane of Dazed & Confused
- Maria Lax — by Salvatore Vitale of Yet Magazine
- Alyz Tale — by Kim Knoppers of Foam
- Federico Ortega Sanchez — by Jérôme Montagne of Phases Magazine
- Brigita Ercegovic — by Steven Watson of Stack Magazines
More information on the locations and Pop-Up events at If You Leave.